Edward 8th Postmark

• grandad-47

113 messages

United Kingdom

I have an envelope with a "wavy line" cancellation of SG 457 with a triangle to the left containing the number 325 and no date stamp.
    Does anybody have any explanation?
  • joulie

6124 messages

France

Post a picture,please.
  • moonstone

943 messages

United Kingdom

I have an envelope with a "wavy line" cancellation of SG 457 with a triangle to the left containing the number 325 and no date stamp.
    Does anybody have any explanation?
    • Created on Aug 22, 2019 at 9:34 AM
    Either a telegraph mark used (probably in emergency) as a postal cancellation or an inspector's mark cancelling a previously uncancelled item. 325 is Guildford, if it is from England, so quite possibly the latter - a scan would be most useful.
  • grandad-47

113 messages

United Kingdom

Joulie and Moonstone,
    I would love to attach a scan but I can never make the Forum accept my scans although no problems with the sell.
    Moonstone
    The item is addressed to a Guildford address so the Inspector would appear to be most likely although the stamp has the wavy line with the triangle offset a couple of inches (50mm) to the left.
  • moonstone

943 messages

United Kingdom

Joulie and Moonstone,
    I would love to attach a scan but I can never make the Forum accept my scans although no problems with the sell.
    Moonstone
    The item is addressed to a Guildford address so the Inspector would appear to be most likely although the stamp has the wavy line with the triangle offset a couple of inches (50mm) to the left.
    • Created on Aug 22, 2019 at 12:27 PM
    Yes, that would fit!
  • grandad-47

113 messages

United Kingdom

Many thanks, Moonstone.

Join the collectors community

Register Login